This post, is about White Bird of Paradise indoor plant information and it’s facts and care guide. This indoor plant to decorate with your home and office with this indoor plant then you can easily get it from here.
This is a tall-growing species with woody stems carrying glossy, deep green, ovate leaf blades up to 4ft/1.2m long.
The white or pale blue flowers are held in a long, brown, boat-shaped bract.
White Bird Of Paradise Fact File
ORIGIN South Africa. HEIGHT To 6ft/1.8m in a container. POTTING MIX Soil-based. REPOTTING Repot in spring until the largest desired pot size is reached; thereafter top-dress. PROPAGATION In spring, divide the clumps of rooted suckers. KEEPING PLANTS Patience is required when growing strelitzias, since they do not flower until they are about 6 years old.
White Bird Of Paradise Plant Care
- Bright light with some direct sun.
- Shade from midsummer sun.
- Normal room temperature in the growing period, about 55°F/13°C in the winter rest period.
- Allow the surface of the growing medium to dry out before rewatering in the growing season.
- Water sparingly in winter.
- Give a high-potash liquid feed every 3 weeks in the period of active growth.