Looking for Lytocaryum Weddellianum indoor plant images and its fact file and plant care information? Then here you will see the best source of the Weddel Palm information guide that you can get it easily from our sites.
Rather similar to Chamaedorea elegans, the parlor palm, this is a slow-growing, graceful plant with feathery fronds on arching stems.
It is not as robust as the parlor palm and is more difficult to grow successfully, requiringhigher temperature and humidity.
The tips of the fronds will quickly turn brown and crisp in dry conditions.
It is also known as Microcoelium weddellianum and Cocos ’weddelliana.
Weddel Palm Fact File
HEIGHT To 4ft/1.2m in a container.
POTTING MIX Soil-based.
REPOTTING In spring, only when essential; usually not more often than every 3 years.
PROPAGATION Plants are raised from seed, but this is not practical in the home.
KEEPING PLANTS This palm will remain small for many years, so is a very suitable houseplant.
Weddel Palm Care
- Bright light, but shaded from direct sun.
- Does best at 70°-75°F/21°-24°C, with a minimum of 60°F/16°C in winter.
- Water moderately; allow the top V2in/13mm of soil to dry out before rewatering.
- Water more sparingly in cooler conditions.
- Stand the pot on a tray of moist gravel and mist the foliage frequently to increase humidity.
- Apply a balanced liquid fertilize.
- every 4 weeks in the growing season.
One thought on “Weddel Palm (Lytocaryum Weddellianum) Plant Fact, Care & Benefits ✅”
Aloha, Please tell m me where I can purchase any of the following plants;
Thank You, James Kataoka. [email protected]