01:02 Are you looking for Zantedeschia Aethiopica indoor plant fact, care and it’s wallpaper? then here you will see some basic information and pictures about Araceae White calla lily. You can get it easily from our sites.
In late spring the stately white calla, or white arum, lily produces its golden, clubshaped spadix surrounded by a pure white spathe.
The tall stem stands above the large, shiny, dark green arrowhead-shaped leaves, which are strongly veined and arise on long leafstalks directly from the rhizome.
Many varieties have been developed that are more compact and free-flowering than the species. ‘Childsiana’ is a compact form. ‘Green Goddess’ has white spathes tipped and streaked with green; those of‘Little
Suzie’ are tinged with pink. Zantedeschia rehmannii has slender pink spathes and long leaves, and Z. elliotiana has extremely large, lush, dark green leaves spotted with white, and golden yellow spathes.
Zantedeschia Aethiopica Fact File :-
ORIGIN: South Africa (Cape Province, Natal,
HEIGHT :To 3ft/90cm.
POTTING MIX: Soil-based.
REPOTTING: Move into a pot one size larger in early fall, when roots fill the current pot.
PROPAGATION :Divide clumps when repotting.
The plant usually has a short rest period after flowering. Set the pot in a sheltered place outdoors in summer.Zantedeschia Aethiopica Araceae White calla lily Plant Care
- Bright light with some direct sun.
- Cool to average room temperature to prolong the life of the blooms.
- Water sparingly until growth starts, then plentifully throughout the flowering season; do not let the soil dry out.
- Reduce watering as the leaves begin to die back, and water sparingly from midsummer.
- Apply a balanced liquid fertilizer every 2 weeks in the growing season.